Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Humor Therapy

Pardon the half eaten peanut-butter & cheese sandwich.
That's my brekkie today. I was eating halfway
when I decided to write this entry.

Most times when I feel stressed out, I think the quickest way to cheer me up (temporary at least) is for me to watch a really good movie.

So given my state of affairs recently, naturally, I went to the movies.

Two movies over 2 weekends. One- Ratatouille, Two- Death at a Funeral.

Ratatouille (Rat-a-too-ee) - The movie lives up to Pixar's reputation for making animations that are simply wonderful. I loved every minute of it. And I laughed my head off at the part where the rats tied up the unfortunate health inspector and that nasty Chef. heehee..

Death at a Funeral - This little publicized movie turned out to be an unexpected gem. I didn't even know that this movie existed until a friend suggested watching it. The title itself is rather intriguing, don't you think?

At first, I thought it would probably be something along the lines of Four Weddings and a Funeral, perhaps with a twist somewhere just so that it wasn't a blatant copycat.

But no... It's totally nothing like what I expected. The start was a little slow, boring even - I dislike movies that show the credits before starting - but right after that, it was almost a laugh a minute.

Using a base of relatively-unknown actors, the director manages to stew common British stereotypes together with a simple but witty storyline to create a wonderful comedic treat with a simple message.

No comments: