Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Thuper
(Warning: Contains blatant self promotion and bragging. Author’s head may be too big to fit your computer screen. May cause readers to feel nauseous and lose their appetites.)

I'm feeling very pleased and proud of myself today. heeheehee....

You may know that work had been (actually it still is…) hellish for me during Nov/Dec 06. This was mainly because our office was being audited for accreditation.

Anyway, we’ve finally received word that we had been granted full accreditation. In simple terms, that like saying we’ve got A-star for our accreditation exams. And of course, everyone's pretty happy about the outcome.

I was particularly pleased because they specifically mentioned that our response package was the “best they have ever received, and they would like us to present a short article on how we did it so that they can show it to other people.”

Heehee…. I can’t help but grin at that proclamation. Of course, I gotta play it down in the office lah. You know, be humble and say,”orr.. aiyah its nothing lah” etc etc.

But inside.. heck lah, I learnt the software by myself; didn’t attend any course – all by trial and error one ok. I am the PDF guru! And no marks for guessing who sacrificed his Christmas to slog away in the office preparing the final document for FedEx to Washington. Of course, the content was prepared by several people. But I had to put it together into one coherent PDF document with all the bookmarks and links. Not exactly a simple task when you consider that there are a total of about 97 separate documents, each needing to be cross referenced and linked to the main document.

Anyway, nothing like a little recognition to cheer up an otherwise dull but stressful week ahead (b’cos the first two modules of my big online project is due to go live).

No comments: